AJC Design is looking for a mid-level Interior Designer in our Manhattan location to work on hospitality projects from the definition and delivery of the design, conceptualization through development, coordination, documentation and execution. Depending on the scope and complexity of the project, the Interior Designer will either work under the direction and oversight of the Principal Designer or may be the lead Designer with limited supervision. In addition, this role will also perform construction administration services including responding to RFI’s and interpreting the contract documents to ensure the design intent is met.
- You have the skills – Interior Design Degree from an accredited institution;
- You must be proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and all MS Office applications
- You are adept at writing specifications for interiors and FF&E
- You know the industry and have at least 3 years of years of interior design experience, particularly in the hospitality industry,
- You are a time track-star with a reputation of never missing deadlines and planning ahead
- You are extremely client-focused and realize even the tiniest details matter
- You can plan and follow-through from start to finish and all stages in between
- You’re a motivated, self-starter and have no problem taking initiative
- You excel at communications, are comfortable presenting to clients, and open to feedback
- You’re a natural collaborator who works well as part of a team and is not afraid to ask questions
- You want to learn from one of the best and grow your career!
- You are able to commute to our NY office regularly during the week
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to email@example.com
(Note: This is a full-time, contract position (1099) based at AJC Design’s New York location.)